Sabado, Abril 25, 2015

Courage

Courage is something big in every person. I think we all have it but I guess not every one of us are able to use it. I guess I am searching for the true meaning of Courage and finding answers to these questions in my head "What is Courage?, Do I have Courage?, Have I been showing myself Courage?, Why do I have to show Courage?". 

I remember when I was still a kid, I think I was 8 and it was summer when my two cousins were learning swimming. There was my brother, me, and my sister going with them. I and my sister were always in the small pool but after, I felt bored and I wanted to try the slide from the 5ft. pool so I asked my brother to accompany me and it was definitely amazing then I tried to do it myself which it took me a long time to slide because I was scared. I laugh at those moments when I think about it now. After several times going to the swimming pool, I have pass it through the fear of sliding down. I never knew what's got into me, I felt like I wanted to try something awesome after that slide thingy. My mind said that I should try swimming the 6ft. pool and so I did. My family was so amazed because I was the only kid who swam in that pool. They even throw a peso coin into the bottom and command me to get it. Those moments were one of my treasured memory.

I remember another story of my life when I was so excited to graduate high school so I could proceed to college. Time passed and I'm officially a graduate but I felt so afraid in what might happen to me when I will enter college. I was so nervous in taking the entrance exam of the University of San Carlos and doing all those procedures of the enrollment since I should be the one who will face it. Fortunately, I passed the entrance exam and I'm officially a Carolinian. I have conquer all my fears like First day as a student in a big school and most especially taking the Comprehensive Examination Level 1 in order to proceed BSA-3 which I didn't pass but I think it was meant for a reason I just don't know yet.

I still can't believe how strong was my spirit back then. I never thought that I was able to swam the deepest pool or had slid into the pool when I was 8 and had conquered all my fears in college. That willingness to achieve something different and new in my life, I can say that I have courage within me and I have been courageous in my life.

My life taught me that Courage is not the absence of fear but it is the will to go though with that fear.  The most important thing is that despite of fear, pain, and uncertainty, I still choose to be courageous in my decisions and that define who I am today and with that, I am ready to face whatever circumstances that might go in my life. I will just keep moving forward.

Being courageous is not simple because you are entering yourself into a situation where it's indefinite. Also, you are being courageous because you are trying to go through a new journey that will make you more of a better person and you know for yourself that it's worth trying for. In other words, you show courage because of love and passion. Each one of us just need to have the strength and the will to face on what might lie ahead.

To whoever reading this article, may you have the COURAGE to SMILE, LAUGH, LOVE and LIVE!

 PRAYER for COURAGE --- http://catholicgo.org/prayer-for-courage/

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento