Huwebes, Agosto 27, 2015

USC (University of San Carlos) DAYS OPENING 2015

          "USC Days Opening" This is one of the most anticipated events of the USC Days. It is the time where all of the students woke up early as 3am in order to have a seat inside the gym and of course, to witness the happenings of the said event. Upon knowing this from the past two years which I wasn't able to have a seat, I make it into my mind that I should, for this year and for the first time in the third time, to really wake up early and grab a seat. Well, what really happened was not what I had in mind. 

          Later that night, I had a deep conversation with my sister and without our knowing that it was already quarter to one in the morning. So we forced ourselves to sleep and stop our conversation because we both should wake up early since it's also a class day for her. We both woke up at 4:30am and got out of the house at 6am. I arrived at school surprised by the line of students from the main door going to the gym. I know I wouldn't be able to enter the gym but because of my friends I have entered the gym and had seated comfortably.

          The event started late as usual which I felt exhausted since I haven't got the right amount of sleep. I also got annoyed by the people who always passed between me and my friend in order to get up and down. Despite of it, I managed to be patient and continue watching the event. As the event started, I really felt the energies and liveliness inside the gym. Even more exciting was when Fr. Anthony Salas has declared the Intramurals open. Then, the raising of each school's flag was kind of a thrilled part for me because each of the candidates could really raise the flag fast and I wish our team, the School of Business and Economics, would win which they really did. Adding to the smile on my face was when the crowned Mr. & Ms. Intramurals 2015 were from the Mr. & Ms. School of Business and Economics. I was so proud  for the both of them and the reason is not that I'm also a part of the team but because both of them were really talented, confident, and deserves to win. I also was much surprised when Senator Grace Poe entered the gym because I never expected that there was a guest and never was in anyone's mind expected it to happen. The traditional Carolinian wave was also witnessed by the Senator which made it more amazing and fun. There were also performances by the USC's Symphonic Band, Dance Troupe, Glee Club, and Dance Club that made the event interesting. Following through was the most awaited part of the event was the Cheerdance Competition of each of the University's schools. There were lots of death-defying leaps and twists that made me scream and    had goose bumps. Every school had given their all out performances and the only word I could describe was fantastic. The results came and the School of Arts Sciences was the champion; followed by the School of Architecture, Fine Arts and Design as the first runner-up; and then the School of Business and Economics as the second runner-up.   My friend and I smiled at each other's faces when we knew that the results were the same orders as we had have guessed it. After which, the event came to an end and each one of us left the gym to continue celebrating the USC Days 2015.

          The USC Days Opening was definitely tiring for me but indeed worth watching because until now it really makes me smile and heave up my mood whenever I remember that day. Each of the school's spirit of cheering makes the place so alive. Aside from that, the performances in the event would give you goose bumps and break your jaw just like what happened to me all the time. Although there was a delay in starting the program and technical problems, the event still has managed to get back on track and made the event a successful one. Furthermore, this event challenges me to wake up early and inspired me to always be at my best just like each of the performers in the event has given.

-August 24, 2015-

2 komento:

  1. @criminologists I'm sorry. I didn't realize until you left a comment. USC means University of San Carlos, one of the oldest universities in Cebu City.

    TumugonBurahin